First, examine if there is a need to use one to bring in money. If you are meeting your Fundraising Plan's schedule, then I would suggest you not add a Special Event to the plans. However, if along the way, you are falling behind the planned income, then a Special Event might be just the thing to help build momentum. Second, if you have a team of volunteers who can conduct the event, without draining the campaign staff, then a Special Event could be a good idea. However, if you do not have the enough volunteers, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!
In this entry, we will discuss the use of a pledge-driven golf outing - not your typical type of golf tournament. With this format, you can raise much more then the typical type of golf outing, without quite as much time spent - I know, how is this possible. I will give you the shell of the Champion Events Group program, but can't give away all of the secrets here - for that, you will need to hire us to do the event for you - but I will put enough information here to help you decide if it is a good fit for your campaign.
The program is built on a 10-12 week timeline, but can be accomplished in as few as 5-6, if there is a energetic and committed team. The "host team" needs five key individuals:
- Event Captain: The person who is in charge of the team. This individual must have the ability to "own" the results and effectively manage the rest of the volunteers.
- Player Captain: This person is in charge of recruiting fund-raising golfers to participate in the event, and managing their fund-raising efforts.
- Finance Captain: Obviously, this person is the one who will handle the flow of money.
- Hospitality Captain: This person is responsible to ensure that all the details of the day are executed flawlessly.
- Media Captain: This person will make sure that the media has all the information needed to cover the event correctly - from start times to the results of the fundraising.
So, in summary, we are talking about an event that gives a candidate the ability to gain exposure, have media coverage, explaining again to many why they should vote for him/her, AND raise money! If this sounds like something that you would like to learn more about, click here and watch the videos on the website, then call me @ 256-682-7426 with any questions.
I hope all is going well for each conservative candidate, and am excited to be able to help several who are true conservatives get elected and ...get our change back!